Big Buck Hunter
Getting my face did
The hunter (or bird watcher in peaceful times)
You know, just an unsuspecting doe.
Couple costumes can be really lame. Good thing we’re not lame. Originally inspired by my long drives up to Vermont, I’d planned on being a deer (or moose but that makeup could have gotten real ugly real fast) and Mr. E could have been a truck. Though the road kill idea was clever, having Mr. E sit down or really do anything seemed logistically impossible with a large cardboard box around his caboose. We opted for an easy hunter costume with a trapper hat, down vest, and plaid shirt.
It's been a while, mostly because it's been a somewhat rough/busy few months. I really just can't wrap my head around certain things, nor do I feel like trying yet.
I will go into this in more detail because I highly doubt I will ever forget this feeling for the rest of my life, but I have never felt so isolated and unequal before at work. What a great way to the 50th Anniversary of MLK’s I Have a Dream speech.
1. Long weekend getaway with my KKC girls.
2. Pretending to exercise. Gag.
3. Mr. E’s baby sister getting engaged!
4. My own sister getting engaged days later! Celebratory cupcakes were in order.
5. Going wedding venue shopping with Twinnie on Long Island
6. Beth hails in from London. A brief, but oh so necessary catch up.
7. Tamarind and mango shave ice at a Latin Heritage Festival Mr. E and I happened upon.
8. Brunch in Astoria with my prez
9. Throw back lunch with Twinnie at Super 88. FINALLY got Korean food after whining about it all summer.
II. Presents to Myself
Sometimes, I feel so compelled to just buy myself presents. It’s a problem, but I have no regrets. Can’t wait for this little beauty to grace my fangas!
My family and I are going to embark on a journey tomorrow to Austria. I plan to eat and drink copious amounts of fried foods, encased meats, and beer. My body is going to hate me, but I don’t care. So much gym time when I come home, it’s not even funny.
Let the adventure begin!